Saturday 8 October 2011

Nonsensical nonsense and a whole lot of bull shit.. I've heard it all!!

Evening folks

Sitting in my bedroom on a Saturday afternoon, drinking a few glasses of red wine.
Still haven't gotten around to going for my pedicure and nails, maybe later (but not too much later).

Good news is my mum is improving, slowly but surely.  Now onto soft solid foods and starting physiotherapy in relearning how to walk again.  I can now make out a few words, but the majority of it still comes out in babble.  Its been over four weeks since she's been at the hospital and there's been no news as to when she may be discharged.  Although when she is, if her condition remains the same, life will be completely different for her and the family.  Trying to maintain hope and optimism but realising that it's a long slow recovery process.

Trying to get my life back on track hasn't been easy.  It feels like I'm so far away from the carefree Amil earlier this year.  I know I need to get back to the gym, get back to camming, sort out my routine for LIFE in general.  Not so easy to pick up where I left off, but have to succeed, some how, some way.

This week, I thought I received amazing news.  The guy I had previously been seeing finally grew some "balls" and ended his current relationship.  Oh my God, great news.. or so I thought.. but with so many things and people there's always a catch.

Here's the catch.. let's call his OH "X"
Although the relationship has ended and X who apparently agrees that they are both in a comfortable "rut" and knows he wants to be with someone else:

I'm not permitted to phone him at anytime other than during the working week at lunch time.  Otherwise he'll call me.  No evenings or weekends as he's conscious that X may hear him talking to me and it may cause X to become upset or distressed.

He is still going on dates with X to the theatre, shows, parties, etc because apparently these were booked six months in advance and they will be going as friends.  There are about ten events that run through until at least mid November.

He can't plan any overnights or weekends away with me any time soon because he's concerned about how X will take it.

He can only see me fortnightly because he may have to put his car into the garage, his dry cleaning and maybe see surveyors for the house on the weekend.

Oh and the other day we met for an appointment he had, I travelled over three hours to give him support (apparently he's been going through highs and lows what with "breaking up") and also because its been several weeks since I've seen him.. He conveniently forgot to tell me he was going out with X on a pre-booked evening out so after the appointment we had perhaps an hour to chat before he had to head off for this date.

Fuck me.. perhaps I need to get back on the banana boat.  Is this a man that sounds like he's ended his current relationship?  Or does this sound like a man that perhaps has been caught out with his previous deception, is trying to buy time and keep a foothold in my life whilst trying to work things out with X?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the whole purpose of breaking up meant to be about distancing yourself and not doing the things you did together as a couple?  Even if you are just friends, don't you need breathing space?  Especially if you're living together and need to divide assets and effectively go through the process of separation.

I sat there thinking to myself this is a whole lot of nonsensical bullshit.  That's putting it politely.

For starters, if you're ending a relationship to be with someone else, would you not think let me see if I can change the dates of these events to go with my current partner, go with a friend, go by myself, resell the event tickets or cancel?

Wouldn't any sane person think to themselves, even if I get on with X, how would this make my new partner feel?  If X knows I want to be with someone else and we're over then my current partner can phone me anytime, even if that means I have to go outside or sit in my car and take the call?  And.. if X knows it's over then I can see who I want, when I want and go ahead and make plans with the person I claim I want to be with?

Apparently not.. from what I gathered, it's all about X, how X feels, not to upset X.  Where's the thought and compassion for me?  Must be somewhere after the other priorities X, work, the car, the dry cleaning, etc etc.

I am rather bewildered why he even bothered to tell me a thing.  If someone could enlighten me, then please do because all I have to go by is his word that he's told her, but in the same breath, he's placed further terms and conditions on us?  Whilst continuing to carry out his plans and events with X.

Personally, if I was X I would think this man is talking out of his bum.  If we're meant to be over and he's met someone else, then how comes she doesn't call him?  Why is he taking me out at least twice a week with future plans for at least another month.  Nothing's changed, we're still the same.  He'll probably change his mind again in a week or two.

Like the game show Deal or No Deal. There is NO DEAL.
I asked him to not contact me, no phone calls, no emails, no texts while X is his priority - NOTHING.
While he's made all these plans with X and for reasons unbeknown to me is intent on carrying them out.  Shit man, if he was that worried about losing his money I would've reimbursed him.  But that's not the reason behind his actions..

The man has the audacity to expect me to be ok with all of this?
Sounds like a whole lot of nonsensical nonsense.

Nothing has changed.   Except added Terms and Conditions.  A bit like when you take out a credit card with 6.9% APR and then the terms change, before you know it the company's written you a letter, changed the agreement and you're now paying interest at 29.9% APR thinking how the hell did I end up on this tariff?!

Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment